Friday, May 17, 2013

Gluten Free Cereal






Chex has gone gluten free!! Ok this might be old news but still exciting! Have you tried all of these different flavors? My favorite is Honey Nut Chex.






I once tried the Strawberry Chex, but I haven't seen them since then. :(


Here is a nice treat to make with the rice or corn Chex.



Gooey Almond and Coconut Chex Mix Recipe.

Ingredients:
1 (14oz-17oz) box of Rice OR Corn Chex cereal
1 (7oz) bag of sweetened coconut
1 (5oz) bag of almonds (about 1 1/3 cup)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) margarine of butter
1 1/4 cups light corn syrup (like Karo syrup)

Directions:
Spray a LARGE (the biggest you can find!) bowl with non-stick cook spray Pour in the entire box of Chex cereal, coconut, and almonds. Gentle mix together.
Mix together the sugar, butter, light corn syrup, and dash of salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a full boil, turn down to medium, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over the cereal mixture in the big bowl and stir evenly.
Spread cereal evenly on wax paper and let it cool (even though it's delicious to eat while warm, too!).

Once it cools, I bag it up in airtight container or Ziploc bag and it lasts for a couple of days.



Some other gluten free cereals that I have found enjoyable are...



Corn rice flakes with strawberries are tasty. Although very crunchy, my teeth are very sensitive and I have found that letting the cereal soak up a little bit of milk helps with a little less crunch.



I LOVE these corn flakes! Very comparable to regular corn flakes.



Gluten free Rice Krispies! What?
I love how convenient and available these are. I have been able to find these in most grocery stores. A





I love the Marshmallow Pebbles. My favorite cereal growing up was Lucky Charms and Marshmallow Pebbles remind me of them!




For a quick treat Fruity Pebble Treats are very convenient. I can't seem to keep these around very long when my husband gets into them! ;)




These instant oatmeal packets are made out of certified gluten free oats. They are easy and quick to make. Just calls for water and a microwave and whatever else you may like on top. My favorite is milk, cinnamon, and sugar.

As you can see we are all about quick, easy, and convenient food!


Happy eatings!!!

1 comment:

  1. We've loved Chex at our house but I'm sad that the corn ones are all GMO so we don't buy them anymore. We pretty much eat oatmeal because we're trying to stay away from processed as much as possible. I'll check into those glutino ones. I didn't know they made cereal.

    ReplyDelete