Friday, May 17, 2013

Betty Crocker

When Betty Crocker came out with gluten free mixes I was so excited I thought I was going to die!!
The best part of these are that they are available at pretty much every grocery store that sells Betty Crocker. Super convenient! Although just like another gluten free products they are a bit pricey.




I love love love this pancake mix!! There have been times when we are traveling and if we stay at family members houses we just take this box with us and borrow their stove to make these delicious pancakes! The recipe is on the back of the box.



Another recipe that I make with gluten free Bisquick is corn dogs! Another recipe that my husband loves and asks for frequently. Trust me, they taste better than they look!



  • 1 cup Gluten Free Corn Meal
  • 1-1 ½ cup Gluten Free Bisquick
  • 2 eggs(beaten)
  • 1 TBSP Sugar
  • 1 cup Milk (you can use soy, almond, etc)
  • Hot Dogs
  • Sticks (optional)

Directions

Heat the oil for frying to about 350 degrees.  I used my Dutch oven.  You could use a fryer, or any method you choose.
In a bowl add Corn Meal, Sugar, and 1 cup Gluten Free Bisquick. Stir together. Whisk in 2 eggs, and 1 cup of milk.  The batter will be the consistency of thick pancake batter.  If needed add extra bisquick to thicken.
Now place the hot dogs onto sticks, or cut into bite sized pieces.  I cut my hot dogs in half to make kid sized corn dogs.  Really, it is up to you.

Once the hot dogs are prepared, roll them in batter until they are covered.  Quickly drop them into the oil and allow them to fry about 3-5 minutes until golden brown.  You may need to flip them once.
Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate.  Serve.
Makes enough batter for 1 package of Hot Dogs.




I have not used this mix to make actual cake. I use to it make banana bread.
My husband loves this recipe for banana bread. He asked for it on a regular basis and usually it's all gone before I have a chance to get to it! Haha it's just that good! :)


Gluten Free Best Ever Banana Bread

Enjoy this great banana bread recipe made using Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix - perfect for a breakfast treat.

PREP TIME: 15 Min
TOTAL TIME: 2 Hr 40 Min
SERVINGS:16

INGREDIENTS

1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch or 8x4-inch loaf pan with shortening.
2. In large bowl, beat cake mix, mashed bananas, butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 9-inch loaf 55 to 60 minutes, 8-inch loaf 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Place sheet of foil over loaf to prevent overbrowning.) Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool about 1 hour before slicing.



I have a hard time getting the middle to not be doughy and for the outside not to burn. I use a glass bread pan and I cover it with foil while baking. I have had times where it turns out perfect and other times it turns out super dry. But we move so much and our elevation and humidity changes, that every time I make it I have to adjust. Hoping for one day I'll figure it out!




We love these cookies! It's nice to have when I don't have enough time to make a mix from scratch. Or sometimes I don't even have all the ingredients I need. This mix even comes with chocolate chips in it!
Maybe all cookie mixes do come with chocolate chips in it already.. I'm just not that familiar with them. :)




I think that this might be the best gluten free brownie mix that I have found so far. Brownie mix was one of the first gluten free products that we found that was sold in the stores back in 2003.
My husband also loves these and he asked for them on a regular basis.




I have not yet tried the chocolate cake mix. I have it in my pantry. Now just waiting for the right time to make it.

All of these mixes only call for water, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract depending on the mix.



Happy eatings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment