Monday, July 29, 2013

Dempsey Bakery

As I have been traveling around the United States and have had some extra time on my hands while my husband is at work I try to find a local gluten free bakery of some sort.
Most recently we were in Little Rock Arkansas. One of my friends told me about this organic restaurant that her and her husband had recently tried and she was very pleased with the food that they served. She also mentioned that they had some gluten free options. Once she said that I knew I had to go try it. So we went. The restaurant is called The Roof Cafe. I got an egg salad sandwich.




The bread was more like a hamburger bun. The texture of the bread was amazing! It never feel apart. It tasted so good that I really questioned if it was really gluten free. We asked where they get the bread from and it was from a gluten free bakery called Dempsey Bakery which was in down town Little Rock. We weren't too far away from it. So we went and checked it out.







I love it when I see this sign outside. For the simple reason that I feel like you can trust anything they have in there and they really do care about and understand the gluten free lifestyle.


They had so many choices I didn't know where to start. They had a lot of different choices of cookies, cheese cake, lava cake, cinnamon rolls, breads, pizza crusts, cakes, cupcakes, pies. I was very impressed with the wide selection that they offer.















They also have a full lunch menu. I ate at The Roof Top right before coming to Dempsey Bakery so I didn't eat anything off it the menu. Although I tried the roasted red pepper bisque soup. It was good but had a little bit of a kick to it. I'm not one for spicy stuff unless I'm in the mood for it.



Our of the many options that they had I tried the cinnamon roll. It was very good. Although I thought it tasted more like a donut with the glaze that they used on it. The texture was great! And it didn't crumble at all!



I also tried the chocolate raspberry cheese cake. It was very good. Although I thought it would have tasted better without the chocolate drizzle.




The staff at Dempsey Bakery was very friendly and knowledgable. I highly recommend this gluten free bakery. If you are ever in the Little Rock area it's worth your time and money as is The Roof Top.



Happy eatings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment